Thursday 14 January 2010

New Year Resolutions

Herbal TeasI can’t believe it is 2010! When I was young, that was a date that was never going to arrive, and yet here we are. I love the New Year because it always feels like a new start. Every year I make a list of resolutions that I am convinced I will definitely stick to but rarely seem to. This year is going to be different though because I’ve ensured I’ve only made a few, and I plan to tackle them one by one rather than all at the same time.

My first resolution is to give up fizzy drinks and caffeine altogether. That means no coffee or even tea. I will replace fizzy drinks with water or squash, and coffee and tea with herbal teas and fruit teas.

My second resolution is to find a sport that I really enjoy. It is important to get lots of exercise, but it is best if it doesn’t feel like a chore. That is why I am heading down to the local sports centre to see what classes are available.

Finally, I am going to develop my interest in aromatherapy. I have always practiced it and I have a good basic understanding, but I want to learn more and find out everything there is to know. I have found it to be an effective and powerful tool for combatting a variety of symptoms such as stress, anxiety or insomnia, but I know there is so much more to learn.

I am hoping that by keeping the list short and sweet, I am going to see success in my goals. Committing publicly to a a task is a good way of making sure it happens. Why don’t you write your resolutions below. You might just find them easier to stick to if you publicly declare them.